Wayne County Enhancement Millage Informational Sessions
The informational sessions are being held on the following dates and times:
These sessions are open to all district parents.
- Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at 6:30 p.m. at Stevenson Middle School
- Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at 6:30 p.m. at Wayne Memorial High School
- Wednesday, July 30, 2014 at 6:30 p.m. at John Glenn High School
- Thursday, July 31, 2014 at 8:00 a.m. at Marshall Upper Elementary School
- Monday, August 4, 2014 at 9:00 a.m. at Franklin Middle School
- Monday, August 4, 2014 at 6:30 p.m. at Edison Elementary School
Remember to Vote
On August 5, 2014 voters in the Wayne-Westland Community School District will be asked to vote on the Wayne County Education Enhancement Millage.
The money would be used to:
- Preserve student programs - academic, student technology, athletic and extra-curricular
- Replace school buses
- Update curriculum materials
- Maintain facilities and equipment
The millage would provide approximately $4.6 million on an annual basis to Wayne-Westland Schools.
For information please click on the links below.
RESA Millage Flyer
Champions' Summer Camp Program
Kids want to have fun this summer. You want to keep their mind active along with their body. So give them six exciting camps to keep them active and engaged. Not only will your child have a new learning experience, they’ll be having a fantastic time while making new friends! For more information, please click here.
School Traffic Flow Maps
Click on the link below to view a gallery of images that will provide valuable information regarding the flow of traffic in each of our school parking lots.
School Traffic Flow Maps
Schweitzer Elementary School
Westland, Michigan 48186
Attendance Phone Line: 734-419-2757
Principal: Jennifer Chambers
Secretary: Debbie Stevens
Office Hours: 7:50 a.m. to 3:50 p.m.
Student Hours: Full Day: 8:30 am - 3:20 pm
Schweitzer Elementary Mission Statement:
AM Half Day: 8:30 am -11:40 am, PM Half Day: 12:10 Noon - 3:20 pm
“Learning for all, whatever it takes”
Through genuine relationships and collaboration, the families of Schweitzer Elementary School will walk along side each and every student as they develop into safe, responsible, respectful citizens and life-long learners.
We believe that...
- All students can learn and succeed.
- Children learn at different rates and in different ways.
- Learning is an active process.
- Learning takes place in a safe, orderly and secure environment.
- A positive, supportive environment encourages successful learning.
- Successful learning takes place when parents, teachers, support staff and students work together as partners.
- Children learn best when teachers use the most effective instructional strategies.
Please Note: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer in order to view any of the pdf files on the Schweitzer Website. If you need a copy of Acrobat Reader just click on the link below to download a free copy to your computer.
Adobe Acrobat Reader