Champions Summer Camp
Fantastic summer fun that's made for everyone!Kids want to have fun this summer. We'll give them 6 exciting camps to keep them active & engaged.
- Garden Adventures - Learn about all kinds of gardens, including plants, herbs, and flowers.
- Awesome Architects - Create everything that you see in your own city, from bridges to buildings, while learning construction basics.
- World Travelers - Travel across world cultures and learn about different countries through traditional games, toys, and food.
- Science Scouts - Learn things you've always wanted to know about how the world around you works using scientific techniques.
- Splash Sports - Practice sports related skills all in a water-based, non-swimming environment, to keep everyone cool.
- Time Travelers - Consider what life was like at the time of dinosaurs, and dream up what our world might look like in the year 2096.
Dates: June 17th-August 23rd
Location: Wildwood Elementary
Hours: 6:45 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
For more information, please view the summer flyer and calendar!
Intra-County Schools of Choice
Wayne-Westland Community School District will be accepting applications from non-resident families for Intra-County Schools of Choice under Section 105 of the Michigan Department of Education for high schools (grades 9-11), middle schools (grades 7 and 8), upper elementary schools (grades 5 and 6), and elementary schools (grades K-4) for the 2013-2014 school year.
- Students must be residents of Wayne County.
- Applications will be accepted through August 23, 2013 (or until openings are filled) at the District's Administrative Offices at 36745 Marquette in Westland.
Wayne-Westland Community School District's schools provide up-to-date technology and resource centers, completely renovated buildings, and 100% Highly Qualified Teachers. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you and your student.
Applications are available to download by clicking on the District's website using this link: http://wwcsd.net/intra-county-schools-of-choice/ and clicking on Intra-County Schools of Choice application link under "Resources" You will also need to provide an "ICSOC Affirmation of Discipline." You will find Frequently Asked Questions and their Answers on the same page. For additional information you may contact Wayne-Westland Community Schools at 734-419-2083, or by stopping in at the Administrative Offices in the Instruction Department at 36745 Marquette Street, Westland, Michigan 48185.
School Traffic Flow Maps
Click on the link below to view a gallery of images that will provide valuable information regarding the flow of traffic in each of our school parking lots.
School Traffic Flow Maps
Schweitzer Elementary School
Westland, Michigan 48186
Attendance Phone Line: 734-419-2757
Principal: Kate Brohl
Secretary: Vickie Chastain
Office Hours: 7:50 a.m. to 3:50 p.m.
Student Hours: Full Day: 8:30 am - 3:20 pm
Schweitzer Elementary Mission Statement:
AM Half Day: 8:30 am -11:40 am, PM Half Day: 12:10 Noon - 3:20 pm
“Learning for all, whatever it takes”
Through genuine relationships and collaboration, the families of Schweitzer Elementary School will walk along side each and every student as they develop into safe, responsible, respectful citizens and life-long learners.
We believe that...
- All students can learn and succeed.
- Children learn at different rates and in different ways.
- Learning is an active process.
- Learning takes place in a safe, orderly and secure environment.
- A positive, supportive environment encourages successful learning.
- Successful learning takes place when parents, teachers, support staff and students work together as partners.
- Children learn best when teachers use the most effective instructional strategies.
Please Note: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer in order to view any of the pdf files on the Schweitzer Website. If you need a copy of Acrobat Reader just click on the link below to download a free copy to your computer.
Adobe Acrobat Reader